Exciting times here in the Mountain Trip Basecamp.  Today, after an exhaustive review of numerous weather forecasts and computer weather models, we have made the decision to go for it.  So here is the plan… we will leave for Camp II tomorrow morning at 4 am and then spend two nights in Camp II before moving up to CIII and then CIV at the South Col on the 18th.  This would put us in position to go for the summit on the morning of the 19th.  We will be following the forecasts very closely as the days progress and we climb higher, but right now it’s looking good for a 19th-20th summit window.  All we can do is put ourselves in position for a good, safe shot at the top.

So I’ll be out of touch until we are on our way down from the top.  Send your good vibes to the weather gods, for they hold the keys to success for us.

My best to everyone.  Thanks for reading.